Frequently Asked Questions

Does Trevillion require exclusive rights to my images?

Yes we require exclusive rights to all the images you place with us. So, any images placed with Trevillion, cannot also be placed with another agencty. Please only submit images that are not already represented by another agency.


Do I need to keyword my images?

You do not need to Keyword your images, we will do this for you! Our specialist keyword team will make sure your images are ‘perfectly labelled’ so clients can find your images quickly and easily. (This gives you more time to concentrate on your photography!)


What should I do if my images have previously sold?

If any of your images have previously sold or licensed before being placed with us, then you must tell us immediately to avoid licensing problems.


How should I submit my photos?

You should submit images as JPEG files, sized to 1200 pixels on the longest side, and sent in a ‘ZIP’ archive labeled with your name to 


Will I receive feedback?

Our Creative Team pride themselves on giving constructive comments, however they are often very busy and cannot guarantee that you will receive feedback.


What size should my high-resolution files be?

Your images should be approx. 5,000 pixels on the longest side, with a DPI of 300 (Approx.16 megapixels). Please save all images as high quality jpegs before sending them to us.


What colour mode and profile should I use?

All images should be 8bit RGB jpegs, using either the ‘sRGB’ or ‘Adobe RGB (1998)’ profiles. These are standard settings for most cameras and programs, so they usually do not need to be changed.


How should I send my accepted high-resolution Images?

High resolution images should be sent to us using a file transfer service such as, or placed on our FTP server (just request the login details from us).


Do I need to provide layered files for edited images?

We do not require you to send layered files. However, if we receive a client request we may ask you to send the original unedited images.


Do I need to send Model Release forms?

All images featuring people, generally, need model releases. So you always need to obtain and keep one on-file. But you only need to send a release to us if a client requests it. You can download a Model Release form here.


Do I need to send Property Release forms?

Most public locations do not need a Property Release. However, you should have releases for any private property you photograph. Again, you do not need to send the releases to us, unless we specifically ask for them.


Need more information?

For more details about joining Trevillion, just contact us.

Trevillion ImagesFAQs